Today in our P.E lesson we progressed from putting onto chipping in golf. Mrs MacIntosh and I have been very impressed at the effort that the children have put into their lessons – well done!
How do we know that the children have been successful this term in golf?
The children can –
- demonstrate correct elements of putting including how to hold a putter, control, balance, distance and aim.
- demonstrate correct elements of chipping including how to hold a golf club.
- understand the importance of safety in golf.
- stand and behave appropriately for striking the ball.
- identify different areas of a golf course; potential pitfalls and challenges.