Are you free week commencing 5th December (Monday)?
It is Enterprise Week and it would be great if you could come in and talk to the class about your job; if you have a skill you could share and/or deliver a small workshop/talk to give the children an idea about the skills they need in the workplace. Perhaps you have a designated learning and development representative in your business that could come to the school and do a complementary talk/presentation to the children.
Examples could include
- A career talk on a profession.
- How you use literacy and numeracy on a daily basis in your work.
- Subject talks on a different country/culture/language to demonstrate a multicultural workforce or how important languages/diversity etc. is in the workplace.
- Arts & Crafts, technology and practical skills.
- Entrepreneurial skills.
- Organisation and management.
- Bringing your workplace to life in the classroom with some group/whole class/individual activities. e.g listening and talking, videos, problem solving, team building, leadership etc.
Any help would be much appreciated!
Regards, Mr Brown.