As the weather improves we will be delivering more lessons beyond the classroom.
As you can see in the below picture this week we decided to up sticks and complete our core reading lesson outside followed by 15 minutes of French!
Evidence-backed benefits of outdoor learning:
- Offers children freedom of movement and promotes a sense of well-being.
- When the learning activity is play-based, it can boost creativity and imagination.
- Makes learning more engaging; set in a more natural environment.
- Reduction in behaviour problems.
- Can develop learning through play and experimentation.
- Certain types of outdoor learning are directly related to the curriculum (Citizenship and Learning for Sustainability and Science and Technologies).
***** Feel free to provide your child with sun cream, sunglasses, sun hat etc. *****