Vibrations and waves
- Make instruments from junk (cardboard, plastic cups, rice, peas). Talk about the volume of each instrument.
- Talk about the sounds of the items you have in your kitchen, bathroom etc.
- Walk around your local area and listen for as many sounds as possible.
What material will make the loudest instrument or the quietest?
- Discuss how different species of animals communicate. Is there a common feature? Is it all different? How do you know they are communicating?
- When visiting the optician, discuss how different lenses are used to benefit sight.
(Taken from Parentzone, Education Scotland)