Properties and uses of substances
- Read The Three Little Pigs and share the reasons for the success of each materials.
- Make junk models with different materials and for different purposes (bridge, house for action figure/doll) and test it to see if it works.
- Make parachutes with different materials, test them to see which is most successful.
- Use different items around the house to test how long each might take to dissolve ice cubes and discuss why this might be useful in different seasons.
- Have a Periodic Table poster to hand, this will help with homework.
- Discuss how ingredients for baking have different effects (baking soda, bicarbonate of soda).