Today in numeracy we did a little assessment on Time to see how much the children remembered.
If you have a spare moment it would be greatly appreciated if you could revise with your child the following –
- Units of time: seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, years, decades, centuries, millennia.
- Time vocabulary: ante meridiam, post meridiam, morning/afternoon/evening, day/night, analogue/digital.
- Telling the time: o’clock, half past, quarter past, quarter to, twenty past, twenty to, ten past, ten to, five past, five to.
- Rounding time: 4.23 can be rounded up to 4.25 or rounded down to 4.20 but not 4.30.
- Calculations with time: If the time is quarter to eleven, how many more minutes until break time at eleven o’clock?
- The five times table.